Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Pa Chuck

Dear Lorelai,

Yesterday was a very sad day for our family. Yesterday marked 18 years since my daddy, your Pa Chuck, died. I miss him very much! The thing that hurts the most about not having my daddy here with me, is the fact that you will never get to meet him. I decided to dedicate this weeks letter to tell you a little about your Grandpa.



This is a picture of Pa Chuck in the hospital shortly before he passed away. Pa Chuck was an awesome daddy, and if given the chance he would have been the best grandpa ever. He took care of his family the best he could. I was only seven when he died so I don't remember much about him, but here are a few things I do remember:

*We used to watch Star Trek together every night.
*We used to eat bacon sandwiches almost ever night at midnight.
*He rode a big black Harley.
*He picked me up from Pre-K and took me to Burger King for Burger Buddies all the time.
*He had long, frizzy hair (just like Alyssa) that he kept pulled back in several rubber bands.
*He had a pink t-shirt he liked to wear.
*He had big dimples in his cheeks. (Just like Brother Bear.)
*He had brown eyes. (Just like you.)


I'm really sorry baby, but that's all I can remember right now. I'll try to remember more later and add to this list later.

I guess I better stop this letter here so I don't start to cry. It always upsets you when I cry. When I cry, you always look at me sad and ask "Wrong, mommy?" Anyway, I love you always baby!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment